Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Funny Crazy and Worrisome Crazy…

Joyce-001[6]I was just thinking about Joyce as my new neighbor interestingly climbed into his car to crank it and to get warm for the tenth time tonight.

“I drove all the way to the grocery store,” Joyce told me one time laughing. “I couldn’t remember why I drove there.”

“Joyce,” I told her laughing. “I think we’ve all done that crazy or not.”

Joyce and I would sit on my couch or her couch and revel each other in all the “interesting” stuff we’ve done over the course of our lives.  I very much wish Joyce was still alive and kicking.  She would light a Marlboro and wave heartily as she drove by me in her car. I would smile and wish I could tell her, “You go girl!”

Compassion is urging me to go ask my new elderly neighbor if he wants to come over and watch the television in a 76° degree house. I will be up for hours.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

You were feeding her cat for awhile,what happened to it? Is it gone? Always sad when people die and leave pets and no one takes them in..

Andrew said...

Glittermom, I fed Lucky for months after Joyce passed away. One day, he just disappeared and I never saw him again.