Monday, November 02, 2015

Pacific Theater of Operations II…

Z0032702 (1)That’s the game for the Sega Saturn that I am currently playing right now and I am having a lot of fun with it. I am also anxiously awaiting on my Saturn USB game controller for the PC to arrive from China.  They say it may take 15 days to ship from that far overseas.  It was a steal at $23 dollars and free shipping.

I also got a GameCube controller, a Super Nintendo controller, and a Nintendo N64 controller. These are all connected via USB ports for the PC.  The total cost for all game controllers was around $60 dollars.

(Boy, it is really heavily raining cats and dogs here right now – torrential downpour for sure.)

There is also a long forgotten P.T.O. IV for the PlayStation 2 that I am going to have to download and play via emulator on my computer.

A6J1_1_20141208102032346Why couldn’t games today be so enthralling?  Like Myst or The Longest Journey?  Now, it is everyone running around and shooting each other in high definition glory.  One ad nauseum game after another.  I’m serious! They are all the same.  Run and gun just in differing environments!

Photo Credit:   http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/22/46/109.4723

No comments: