Saturday, November 07, 2015

Quiet Saturday Evenings with the Magster…

hobo-stewAuburn plays at 7:30pm tonight, so I knew I better get my butt in gear as it got closer and closer to seven.

The Magster and I were having a quiet evening curled up together in my recliner browsing the web with my iPad.  I reached over and called mom saying that I needed my medications shorty and would be right over to get them (my forwardness pissed off my father).  It would be almost midnight if I waited till after the game was over and if left to my father’s own devices, and I also wanted to keep my father off the road tonight on a game night which would entail quite a few glasses of wine.

5048R.jpgDad had cooked “Hoboes” and the house smelled pungently delicious from that wonderful and taste bud tingling stew.  He apologized profusely for not having enough left over for me to eat. Mom had made me some Carving Board ham sandwiches in recompense. They were quite equally as delicious. I don’t know about you, but ham sandwiches just taste better when mom makes them.

 

 

Photo Credit:   http://chefmom.sheknows.com/articles/971323/foil-pack-hobo-stew-recipe

photo credit #2:  http://www.thegrocerygirls.com/oscar-mayer-carving-board-ham-slow-cooked.html

No comments: