Friday, November 13, 2015

The Calvary Has Arrived With Johnny Otis Being the Flag Bearer…

cwhorsesI thought dad would never, ever arrive tonight.  Maggie was fully aware that something was amiss as she looked out the front window over the sofa and she whined incessantly. 

It is 10:30pm and he has just left.  I have enough of The Secretary in me that these kinds of hijinks drive us teetotal crazy. Dad had a few drinks before driving over and was very sociable and talkative tonight.  We talked forever about my mother’s side of the family and the mental illnesses that ravaged all their lives over the years.

Photo Credit:   https://acwbeyondscarlettandrhett.wordpress.com/tag/cavalry/

Like the Siberian Tunguska Meteor, I Believe this May Be The Craters Causing Mischief On My Soul.  It is a Good Feeling, but I Remain Cautious…

My ex-wife sent me a friend request on Facebook tonight.  That certainly raised a few eyebrows over Andrew’s eyes and my father’s eyes as well. 

“I would love it if you two get back together,” my father told me encouragingly. “She will find you a different man instead of that pitiful lush of a drunk you were 15 years ago.”

Geez, don’t beat around the bush dad!

“You know she loves and adores going out to eat,” I told my father. “You are going to have to help me bankroll these dates.”

“I’ve got you covered,” my father said as he headed to the X5 with the medication ritual completed.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Well that sounds interesting for sure! What did Helen make for supper?

Andrew said...

She cooked a pot roast, potatoes, and cornbread. It was really delicious.