Thursday, November 19, 2015

We’re On Papa Watch…

47ff2a99-c964-40f8-806c-c3bbdb111da2I jumped out of the bed running tonight at about 7:30pm as the phone rang.  It was my mother.

“I made you some of Helen’s fresh tuna salad sandwiches,” she said. “And I want to give you some money to buy your citrus drinks for tonight.”

“It is just 76¢ cents,” I told my mother reminding her of how economical they cost.

My mother, the secretary, is so very kind and thoughtful about such things.  Dad would never think to do such a thing.  Though, he was glad I got my injection this morning and it was very worry free.

“Could you even thought you could do that without our help a few years ago?” he asked me later tonight. “You've come so very far in your recovery.”

Flattery will get you very far in my book…

I drove by the Circle K on Gilmer Ave. and prepared me a drink that was extremely deliciously satisfying.  I arrived at home and it was 8:30pm so I was pushing it close.  Dad could arrive at any moment now.

The Supreme Commander Enters Stage Left…

slide11

Dad arrived at about 9pm I think.  I wasn’t paying close attention to the clock.  Lately, he’s been sneaking up on us.  We haven’t heard his car pull up and then we will hear a knock upon the door meaning he has arrived which sends Maggie into a flurry of barking. Maybe it’s all the loud music I’ve been playing lately on my computer. I am enamored with The Cinematic Orchestra these days.  We have to listen to Iris DeMent’s song Let the Mystery Be and then my father will head on his way after medication time. 

Iris DeMent's Let the Mystery Be

Tonight, dad was mainly worried about Maggie and the fact she can no longer jump up on the couch and do her normal routines.  Dad said I may need to put the rug back down in the den for the time being.

“She looks so pitiful,” he said to me and she did look pretty pitiful. “Poor thing. We can have that rug steam cleaned.”

Which I would have had done if old Fuss ‘n Boots wouldn’t have complained about the $100 cost for this service.


Y’all? If I act strange or do anything out of the ordinary like write about crying like I did this morning, consider it a symptom of my illness and the need for medication.  I’ve been writing this journal for well over a decade and that is the only time I could ever think of writing about crying.  I was in pretty bad shape this morning.

Photo Credit:  http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/summer-tuna-salad-sandwiches/eae0bca0-67b4-4839-bfc6-6b1bee1b031e

Photo Credit #2:  http://cortescarpetcleaning.com/?page_id=10

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Why would you apologize for crying? Nothing wrong with showing emotions...doesn't matter if your a man or woman..sounds like something your father would tell you is wrong...

Summer said...

Not to worry Pet as my Irish friend would say. Sometimes you have to let it out!