Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Cookie Monster in Me…

chocolate_chip_cookie_dayThey Brought Me A Big Bag of Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies!

That thrilled me to no end! My cousin Jean’s chocolate chips cookies are some of the best I have ever eaten.

Fall_Leaf_Header

Change of Venue…

SB_EC-150x150

“Let’s go get us a cold drink!” my father exclaimed after the medication ritual and Maggie’s ritual. “I am dying for a big ass Diet Coke with ice!”

“Awesome!” I replied as we left my house for dad’s warm Honda out at the road. 

Dad handed me a $1 and 52¢ – the correct change to buy the two drinks.  We pulled into Circle K’s parking lot and a fellow was aggressively hawking his latest rap CD.

“No thanks!” I said to him with a smile.

“But good luck in your efforts!” I added encouragingly!

I fixed dad a 32oz. Diet Coke with just a little over half full with ice as he requested and I got my tasty SoBe Citrus drink I am so enamored with at the moment. Dad and I both agreed it was a good ending to a Thanksgiving day.

“It is the little things in life that can be the most pleasurable,” my father told me before driving away.

I had to agree with him as I took a bug slurp of delicious SoBe and headed inside out of the cold.

Thanks Goes Out to You Dear Mom…

When I got inside good and situated, I made a point of calling my mother and telling her thanks for being so diligent about getting me a plateful of wonderful Thanksgiving fixins.  Dad said she was obsessed that I got a good meal on thanksgiving day.  My father would be aloof about such matters.  I have more food that I could ever eat at one sitting.

Fall_Leaf_Header

Photo Credit:  https://www.zagat.com/b/miami/5-ways-to-celebrate-chocolate-chip-cookie-day

Photo Credit: http://linpepco.com/products/

Banner Credit: http://www.humormatters.com/holidays/Thanksgiving/beingthankful.htm

No comments: