Monday, November 30, 2015

Things Going On Around Here…

  • Mom is cleaning up the kitchen after supper.  We check in with each other nightly about this time every day. Mom is the only person on this third rock from the sun that understands me and how I click and what motivates me.  She often has to translate this to my father.
  • Mom and dad had Thanksgiving ham, German potato salad, green beans and homemade yeast rolls. I begged for some German potato salad which is one of my favorite salads, but they were all out. “Be sure to get some sandwich bread,” my mother told me. “I am sending you some honey baked ham through your daddy.” While ham is not my most favorite food, I will eat it and this ham is especially good.
  • They are having a big sale on Coca-Colas up at CVS so my father is leaving soon to go buy some before we go to the grocery store. He drinks diet Cokes about as much as I did when I still got them from my parents.
  • I am doing laundry trying to get ready for our grocery trip tonight. I had about run out of clean clothes to wear – well, the clothes I like to wear that is.  I have a closet full of clothes that no longer fit me since I’ve lost a lot of weight.  Especially blue jeans.  I have two pair I wear normally and switch between the two.
  • Charlie has only called me one time tonight about my lawn service.  They didn’t come to his house this week and he wanted to know if they came to my house.  I told him no, but they could’ve come when I was asleep during the day. He also told me good luck on buying groceries. He has to take Horsefly bowling tonight and by KFC for his nightly meal. I told him good luck as well.
  • Maggie is feeling her oats tonight and wanting to play.  She feels so much better and it is heartwarming.  I am going to get her some treats tonight at the grocery store.  We keep lining up for a back scratch at the moment aggravatingly as she is so persistent about it. I call it Maggie’s assembly line.
  • I went to bed around 8:30am and slept until 6:30pm.  It was nice getting some uninterrupted sleep which is rare sleeping in the day.  I guess the “day sleeper” sign Charlie got me is working and keeping the riffraff at bay.  I also unplug the landline phone and turn off my cellphone before hitting the hay. If I ever leave that phone unplugged, it will ring as soon as I fall asleep every time.
  • I am trying to psyche myself up about going to buy groceries tonight. The line is faltering as they say in the infantry, but I am sure my father will bring reinforcements. 

No comments: