Saturday, November 28, 2015

Tonnage Through Downtown…

candle lightsThe town lights up the night after Thanksgiving with Christmas regalia.  Each telephone pole has its own lit ornament.  My favorite decorators are the Tankersley’s and their house is just down the street from me. Classy! I rode around for awhile looking at our fair city’s Christmas lights.  Every street corner and telephone pole was lit in regal glory.  I would’ve been even more thrilled as a child.

I then made a beeline to the Circle K for a hot drink and noticed a train moving slowly across the highway.

“They haven’t stopped all night,” the Clerk told me as she saw me looking out the door.

kato on pole 2010“Trains weren’t rolling on the holidays and got backed up,” I surmised.

Even I was too much of a wuss to sit on a bench and watch trains even though the temperatures were mild in the fifties.  These creaking old bones were cold tonight.

A moment ago, I was sitting in Circle K’s parking lot savoring the large hot chocolate that I bought as my car’s heater was on full blast. I was just then finally getting warm 30 minutes after leaving my sauna like house. That paper cup of hot chocolate felt wonderful in my hands.

Photo Credit:  http://kelloggbloggin.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html

photo credit:  http://www.b937.com/pages/5707526.php

No comments: