Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Funny Fun with Food Accidents…

k2-_44789855-69b0-44e6-8538-55a2ce12b557.v2“I love you,” I told my father as we walked to our cars after walking out of Kroger last night. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Dad told me he loved me too with a big bear hug, and told me how much of a different person I am these days off all those addictions.  I got in my car feeling pleased and dad waited to make sure my car cranked and I was heading out the parking lot before he cranked his Honda and left. I noticed he took a left towards the pharmacy and not the right towards home.

Well, I was an extremely eager beaver to get home, unload my groceries,  drink my two Mountain Dews I allow myself a week, and to get a pot of spaghetti and meat sauce on the stove.  I simmered it for about an anxious hour and then took a taste.  It tasted like a very meaty chili. Perplexed, I looked at my empty diced tomato cans and I got one can of diced tomatoes with chili flavorings and spices. It made for some delicious spicy chili and that’s what I had for supper last night. I ate it with toasted and buttered sandwich bread.    

Mom has called me several times worried if I will need more fixings for spaghetti.  You have to be careful what you tell The Secretary.  She shall obsess.

“Let’s drive up to Kroger and get you some more spaghetti fixings,” she told me today.

“Mom it actually tastes quite good,” I told her trying to reassure her my food situation was okay and that I was not starving over here at Andrew’s Casa.   

Photo Credit:   http://www.walmart.com/ip/Del-Monte-Diced-Zesty-Chili-Style-Tomatoes-14.5-Oz/10295111


Waiting On Papa…

HOu32XZU_400x400I thought I was running out of tunes to play tonight that were pleasing.  You think out of 320 GB of music (a year’s worth of music) I could find something good to listen to on this computer.  I finally decided on Sarah McLachlan’s latest album which I have downloaded, but not listened to.  I am also anxiously awaiting for my father to arrive.  The pharmacy closes in 30 minutes and then we will be on the downhill run. I am waiting for some crazy meds, company, and comfort. 

I am slowly slipping into my normal nocturnal way of life again.  I don’t mean for it to happen, but I find myself staying up later and later with each passing night.  I slept fitfully until 5pm today.  I will just have to make myself stay up all day tomorrow to get back on track. 

Photo Credit:  https://twitter.com/brandcrazymeds


Behind the Scenes Tonight…

full trash 800x599“Our trash is smelling,” The Secretary told me. “Would you drive over and take it out?”

I drove to my parent’s house and took the trash out, but the outside trash can was missing.  I sat the trash against the side of the house and drove home.  Here’s where the mother in me comes into play.

“Mom?” I asked over the phone when I got home. “Did Helen come today?”

“She didn’t come today for some reason,” mom told me.

Well, that meant that my parent’s trashcan was still up at the road after pickup yesterday.  Helen usually brings it down when she comes into work. I explained the situation to my mother and we both agreed animals would get into the trash if I didn’t drive over there a second time and bring the heavy trashcan down from the road. So, I made a second trip and my mother profusely thanked me.

Photo Credit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1z6hhj/doesnt_seem_like_she_mistook_anything_to_me/

No comments: