Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Placebo Effect…

Placebo-PillsI was going to title this post New Horizons, but The Placebo Effect fits it best.  My father has just left and my medications are down the old gullet and dissolving as we speak. I already feel better at having the Calvary arrive as I often call it. It’s the placebo effect I realize, but it feels good to know in an hour I will be feeling much better – probably the longest hour to wait of my life as well.

“Here’s an extra 3mg Risperdal to take if you get to feeling especially mentally ill,” my father told me for which I thanked him very generously for his generosity. 

That’s not something my father normally does – not playing fast and loose with my medications like that.  He also didn’t stay long as he stepped out into the rain and ran to his car.  He has gone to do their grocery shopping at Kroger for the week. It’s a nasty night to be out buying groceries.

Krystals-breakfast2If I do get to feeling better in an hour, I am cooking the Magster and I a big and grand breakfast. I am starving after sleeping all day.  I want scrambled cheese eggs, buttery grits, about four strips of bacon, and I am going to try some buttered whole wheat toast cooked in my toaster oven, or I might even cook some of those White Lily frozen biscuits I bought. The biscuits are sounding better and better than just mere wheat toast.

Maggie keeps nudging me on my right thigh trying to tell me she’s either hungry or needs a back scratch. She wants me to bring her food dish full of food into the den with me most likely.

“Wait one hour, doll, and daddy’s going to fix us a grand breakfast,” I told her as she wagged her tail beside me.

I dare not say the words “hungry” and “eat” or Maggie will go into singular of purpose mode thinking only of food and all things that revolve around it.

Photo Credit:  http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/08/16/know-placebo-effect-biological-genetic/

Photo Credit #2: http://www.thesouthinmymouth.com/what-were-eating-out-3/

No comments: