Monday, November 09, 2015

Man of Big Beef…

ssyBucGroundChuck3lbChub

“Look at the total!” my father excitedly said to me as he pulled out his wallet in Kroger. “You spent $45 in ground chuck alone.  Are you making that much spaghetti!?”

Dost thou not parlay OCD!

“I am making one pot of meat sauce to eat with cheese and bread like a dip and I am having spaghetti and meat sauce two nights in a row.  I will freeze what is left over,” I told him. “It is just a phase I am going through in my culinary journey.”

“Just remember you are not Emeril Lagasse,” he replied with a forgiving and warm smile. “Nor do you have his budget.”

929a9ac824914b16d01a75bdf92a65f8Jermaine came noisily pulling up behind me in his courtesy of Kroger motorized cart asking me why I no longer get the six gallons of Milo’s famous sweet tea. He said he checked to see if they had any for sale for me and they did.

“It was excessive and too expensive,” I told Jermaine kindly. “I drink ice water these days. I allow myself two Mountain Dews a week now on grocery day.”

I unabashedly spent $82 dollars tonight.  I can do it every now and then before dad cries “Uncle”. I reminded him of a recent $108 dollar night a few months ago and he agreed with me that he was glad that didn’t happen tonight. $82 dollars seemed reasonable when in comparison. Theoretically, I can spend $85 dollars every week, but the real world (and Papa) trumps fantasy life.

Photo Credit:  http://www.coastgrocery.com/pages/Products/1827

Photo Credit #2:  https://www.pinterest.com/drinkmilos/milos-tea-company/

2 comments:

Gin said...

Figure up how much it would cost to eat out three meals a day, seven days a week and share that with your father next time he questions your grocery bill. (Well...maybe not every meal, since your dad, mom and Charlie bring you some meals, but you get the drift.)

glittermom said...

Your fathers enough to traumatized anyone at the grocery store..