Saturday, November 14, 2015

Excuse Me Sir or Madam While I Download Breakfast…

mcgriddles-769669Yes, our beloved Charlie comes early tomorrow.  He called me a moment ago and asked me what I wanted to eat in the morning.  

“Let’s try those new McGriddle breakfast sandwiches,” I replied excitably and very boldly I might add. 

Charlie chuckled at my exuberance and said he would see me about 9am in the morning.

“I will bring you a big ass Coke with no ice,” he told me in closing.

I’ve never tried a McGriddle sandwich before and am curious as to what they taste like.  Are they pretty good?  After eating one, would you eat one again?

Johnny Otis Emerges From Stage Left…

d-beringerp-white-zinfandeldpvAlmost as soon as I got off the phone with Charlie, my father came pulling up in front of my house for the medication ritual.  He said he was feeling extremely depressed after another loss by Auburn.  He reeked of stale cigarette smoke and was also a tad bit boozy as well. I could picture him ordering another drink as he sat on a barstool in some smoky sports bar somewhere down in Auburn.

“I guess we are in a rebuilding year,” he told me somberly and morosely.

This is some serious stuff folks – easily overshadowing the armistice between France and Germany signed at the end of World War One.

“We don’t have a quarterback worth a poot,” is what I told my father and he agreed.

I really honestly don’t know what in the hell I am talking about.  I just read in a forum where somebody said our Quarterback stunk and 2nd and 3rd string weren’t any better.

I also told my father that I have had some really, really awesome days lately mental illness wise hoping to cheer him up some.  I feel so calm and secure, and I can get satisfaction out of my pastimes which usually revolve around my computer which is my portal for what I really love the most – music and more music. Being able to surf the web is just icing on the cake.

Photo Credit:      https://sandwichtalk.wordpress.com/2010/06/02/sandwiches-in-review-the-mcgriddles/

Photo Credit #2:  http://www.longhornsteakhouse.com/menu/white-zinfandel/prod380012

1 comment:

Summer said...

My youngest son loves the McGriddle sandwich. He says it's an acquired taste. LOL. Let me know what you think.