Sunday, November 01, 2015

Salutations on a Wet Sunday Evening in the Southland…

8_KFC-Original-Recipe_608My father arrived tonight without Charlie.  Maggie kept looking out the window over the den to see if Charlie would get out of the car and come inside.

“It’s amazing what she knows,” my father said. “She knows Charlie comes every Sunday night.”

Charlie’s eldest son was in town from Atlanta and he wanted to spend time with him.  Alan, his son, is a class act kind of guy. We worked together as research technicians in Forestry at Auburn University. Alan actually got me the job when I was working as a tropical fish department manager at a pet store in Birmingham, Alabama.

Dad got me a box meal of original recipe fried chicken from KFC.  Mom got a Burger King Whopper and onion rings. Dad said he got himself a fried shrimp tackle box at Popeye's.  

We then completed the medication ritual, fed and watered Maggie, and soon my father was on his way back home.  I hated to see him walk out my front door, but food needed to be delivered while it was still hot.

It is a nasty night out tonight weather-wise.  It is cold and raining heavily, and there seems no end to the rain on our local radar.  I will sleep well tonight I do portend. 

It is also 7:00pm meaning I have 40 more minutes to wait until my medications soak in.  I do hope they are gentle tonight.  The last few times I have taken them is like being hit in the cranium with a sledge hammer.  They have felt that strong. I just like the “butterflies in your stomach” feeling they impart. I don’t want to feel tired and drugged.

No comments: