Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Place to Call Home and a Place to Not Be Alone…

header

I awoke at 6pm which gave me about 10 hours of sleep. That was so nice! I am feeling my oats this evening – bright eyed and bushy tailed as my grandmother would always say.  Maggie was cold and I had never had her get so close to me.  That was my cue to turn the heat up from 72° degrees to 78° degrees. It was rather chilly in here. We’re comfortable and quite warm at the moment.

You know? It is easier to dwell on what you don’t have than to dwell on what you do.  I choose to dwell on the good things in my life, crazy and all.  Mom called me hours ago and said she was making sure I got a plate of my sister-in-law’s cooking.  Dad was joking about my mother’s tenacity about the whole affair.  It is getting pretty late here and I do hope they come soon.  They will get here.  I just have to give them time.  My mother will make sure of that. Patience grasshopper.

Maggie got the rest of my beef and cabbage soup with a 500mg capsule of amoxicillin mixed in. I held my breath as she lapped up the last bowl.  I do so want to get her well. My father said if this doesn’t work then we will take her once again to see Dr. Thomas and we will do whatever it takes to get her healthy.  That was a big sigh of relief for me and a great moment of thanks.

Update: Halleluiah!!! I am starving! My father and family is driving through Huguley now which is minutes from home and he will be here in about an hour (9:00pm).  He has to take his cousins back to his house, get them settled, and get his Honda which has the medications in it.    

Fall_Leaf_Header

Banner Credit:  http://www.mapsofworld.com/newsletter/19-november-2010/

Banner Credit: http://www.humormatters.com/holidays/Thanksgiving/beingthankful.htm

No comments: