Saturday, November 14, 2015

Whaaa? Where?

I don’t remember laying down, but I woke up fully refreshed and ready to start my day on this fine Southern morning. I was still in my clothes and tennis shoes when I woke on the bed. It was very reminiscent of the many drunks I pulled over the years as I would do the very same thing – passed out on the floor or on the bed still fully clothed. Now, it is almost 6am.  As I had alluded to in another post, I stayed awake most of yesterday and lets hope that resets my wacky circadian clock to where I can sleep at night again.

A Killing Frost as Old Man Winter Descends Upon the South…

VG_frostWe had our first frost this morning. Dad calls it a “killing frost” as our lawns will now turn brown and any tender vegetation will be gone. Yard services around my town let loose a collective moan and sigh as grass cutting season comes to a close.  It looks as if my car is covered in a very thin coating of ice.

I heard Maggie go out the dog door a minute ago for a potty break.  That was one very fast pee and poop – the pee and poop express.  Maggie hates the cold as much as I do. We’re snug as a bug in a rug in our 78° degree house right now.

Photo Credit:  http://www.vegetablegardener.com/item/10091/jack-frost-in-the-winter-vegetable-garden

No comments: