Monday, November 09, 2015

When Good Goes Wrong…

RSCN6317_zpsckqbt5z2“I fixed my HDTV!” I proudly and loudly told my father a minute ago.

It has been driving my father crazy that we can’t watch television when he is over here for the medication ritual.  I haven’t had television for months.

“I took the backing off and there was a 12 volt fuse that had blown.  I called first and then drove to Radio Shack to get a new fuse and came home, plugged it in, and the television fired right back up.”

“Some of that intense lightning we had towards the end of summer must’ve hit it,” I told him in addition.

“Oh,” my father said with a funny sound to his voice. “Charlie and I went and got you a new flat screen HDTV the other day and it is in the basement. We were going to surprise you with it tonight or tomorrow night.”

My original plan was to cancel my cable service and get the best internet service WOW! offered, but I could never get my father to bite on that biscuit.

I hated to spoil my father’s surprise, but he can take that other TV back and save some money. I actually only watch about 20 minutes of television a day and usually when I am eating or the 30 minutes my father is here every night.  It is a terrible habit I assure you eating in front of the TV.

Photo Credit:   http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2574455/replacement-hdtv-fuse.html

No comments: