Sunday, November 15, 2015

The iTunes Talk…

itunes502I feel like a haggard looking henpecked husband at times. Papa Don’t Preach as that old late eighties Madonna song goes.

“You’ve been having a lot of little debits to iTunes,” my ever vigilant father told me tonight.  “How much does an album cost?”

“Individual songs cost around $1.29 and most albums cost from $9.99 to $12.99,” I warily replied wondering what was going to happen next.

“Your mother told me you can get iTunes gift cards at Kroger,” dad then said. “Let’s try to limit it to two albums a month and you can use some of your grocery money to pay for it.”

Like my grocery budget needed to be stretched any farther.

It’s Sunday night fried chicken and it was in full force. Charlie was busy cleaning up my kitchen and taking out the trash. It sounded like a construction crew was busily working in the other room.

“Now dammit John!” Charlie said brusquely and angrily said as he walked through the den. “Just be goddamn glad he’s not using that money to buy cigarettes and beer.”

My voice of reason, Charlie, had spoken.

Photo Credit:  https://usgiftcodes.com/

No comments: