Saturday, November 21, 2015

Just a Sleepy Old Fella…

Maggie and Charlie[4][13]There was a very loud knock on the front door this afternoon and Maggie went flying into the den and then went nuts with adulation.  It was Charlie with a Whopper from Burger King, large fries, gargantuan Coke, and my medications.  I struggled to get on my shorts and some bedroom slippers. 

“Coming!!!” I hollered loudly from my back bedroom as Maggie barked impatiently and ever jubilantly in front of the door with Charlie on the other side.

“Get your ass to the door,” I could hear Charlie say with a laugh.

Charlie performed my medication ritual and Maggie’s feeding ritual in blinding speed and soon was in the car to take Horsefly to the movies. Charlie’s visits are always whirlwind visits. He’s always been a fidgety, nervous man on a mission. 

Let’s see, I went to bed at about 8am this morning so I got about seven hours of decent sleep. Maggie is already back in the bed and I will probably rejoin her as soon as my medications take effect.

“I am cutting your hair tomorrow night so get ready,” Charlie said as he briskly walked to his Caprica. “Don’t wash it tomorrow morning.  It is easier for me to cut it when it is dirty.”

Living in the Ice Box…


The weather will be interesting tonight so that pleases me very, very much.  We get our first big freeze tonight all the way down here in the Southern US.  It is supposed to get down to 29° degrees with a brutally brisk and icy cold wind tonight.  It is a balmy 68° degrees at the moment in contrast. That line of rain fixing to enter northern Alabama is the cold front that is going to bring us all that cold weather. It doesn’t look like we will get much rain, though, does it? Nor does the front look very organized, but it is definitely delineated.

southmissvly_loop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's great to see you blogging publicly! I enjoy reading you. That's a picture of Charlie, right? He's somewhat what I pictured in my mind. Happy you're back Jon and Maggie too!