Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Not Far Off the Mark–9:38pm…

da-ribeye_1Well, I was pretty right about my father’s arrival much to my own chagrin.  He just has left after the medication ritual and Maggie's ritual.  I knew it would be at least 9pm. He was jovial and happy and that is a good thing and what matters the most I guess. I think we had a few glasses of wine tonight.

I kept hoping he would bring me an exquisite to-go steak from The Hunter’s Pub as he has often done in the past, but alas, he didn’t tonight only to very mild disappointment. You can’t expect to squeeze blood out of every turnip every time.  They do have some extremely scrumptious steaks, though.

It will be beef and cabbage soup once again tonight.  I am going to cook a big pan of crunchy on the edges cornbread using the last of my Bavarian style buttermilk. The oven will be at 500° degrees and that oil has got to be smokin’ in the pan before I pour in the batter.

No worries, though, about turkey day.  Mom is bringing me a big plate of food from my brother’s house tomorrow and Charlie is bringing a plate of Janice’s Thanksgiving vittles as well late in the afternoon.

Photo Credit:  http://fairwaypacking.com/dry-aged-beef-37/28-day-dry-aged-usda-prime-ribeye.html

No comments: