Friday, November 20, 2015

The Fugitive Lookout…

The-FugitiveMaggie clued me into it at first.  She tore outside the dog door barking viciously.  Something disturbed her deeply.  Then here comes a slow moving police patrol car lighting up the front yards on either side with its spotlights.  They’ve gone up and down the street several times. I wonder what or whom they are looking for?  I am snug and secure behind locked doors (I hope).  I don’t want to have to go open my 100 gallon can of whoop-ass I keep in the closet.

I had gone earlier to get another of my SoBe citrus orange drinks. I needed another dose of ginseng and orange and also lemon juice.  We had a new clerk tonight – filling in I guess. I noted that she had the prettiest auburn hair flowing over and cascading down her shoulders and an even sweeter voice that reminded me of Allison Krauss.  She sounded from the tone and inflections of her voice that she would also be a firebrand.  I wondered devilishly what she would be like in bed? Note to self: the convenience store is probably not a good place to pick up women either.

Browsing Facebook and Blog Writing Habits Will Change…

blog_writing_tips3I am tentively giving up on Facebook for a while – basically just browsing some and not participating.  I think a lot of people do that – there're content providers and content consumers as I like to call them.  I decided maybe Facebook is not a good place to find a date or friends. That social medium has seemed like nothing but trouble from the very beginning for me.

I also feel I write too much on my blog overwhelming my readers and causing them not to read so I am probably just cut back to a few posts a week instead of three posts a day. lol  That will be hard for me to do seeing how much I enjoy the craft of writing and having a blog with a few people reading entices you into performing the craft.

Photo Credit:  https://tjohnsonmediagroup.com/radio/insiders/promotion/major/the-fugitive/

Photo Credit #2:  http://www.farotech.com/top-9-5-best-blog-writing-tips-avoid-common-blog-mistakes/

2 comments:

Beth said...

While I understand the desire for readers, it seems to me that you write primarily for yourself, as an outlet and perhaps a sort of substitute for talking with friends. So write however much and whenever you want....my two cents. You have faithful readers who will keep on reading no matter how much or how little you post. Please yourself, not your readers.

I agree that Facebook is probably not a great place to meet people. While I have gotten to know people better through it, I already had a relationship in person with them.

Someone suggested recently that you might find a support group helpful to meet friends. Talk to your therapist about that and what options you might have, especially in light of your social phobias. Hiding behind a locked door and relying solely on what you read on a computer screen is not likely to result in a healthy relationship for anyone. That said, I get it. It is hard to push yourself to go out when you are anxious about it. And AA is not a good place to look either, btw. You KNOW what kinds of problems you find there!

A computer user group, if they still even exist, might also be a possibility, or a photography club.

Anonymous said...

Ok, the police are looking for someone. They don't just drive around scaring people. I would call the nonemergency number and ask what's up. Or turn on the local news. You may see a helicopter view of your house! I have called the nonemergency number here in Livingston and they were quite kind and understanding. In my case, I went to a convenience store at 11am. They usually kept the usual hours, opening early and closing late. The lights were on but the door was locked. Several of us waited just in case the clerk was in the restroom. After half an hour, I called the nonemergency number, I explained that I was from California and this could mean the clerk was in trouble. The real story was the clerk had gotten very sick (appendicitis, as I recall), called an ambulance and locked the doors. But I'm glad I got the 411 for myself. Now, onto Facebook. We deleted our account. And when asked why, I told them flat out; too many Memes and Drama. Maybe you should try Twitter. As a writer, you can surely appreciate only having 140 characters, including spaces, to say it all. Meeting people. Maybe a Meetup? I don't know if there are any near you but a nef joined a bowling group thru them and is having fun. He's a shy, mentally interesting person too and it worked. It did NOT work for me cuz walking in on an already established group scared the piss out of me. As for blogging. I got bit in the ass by a person who only wrote VERY RUDE and negative comments and I'm sorry to say it did cause me to self harm. So I had to stop that, the blogging. I am trying to start up again but fear is there so I don't know. Hey, what ever happened to the girl who ran off to live in a trailer with some felon in another state? Did you ever return her call? (I remember she called while you were busy.) Did you go get her? I tell you this tho, if I were 25 years younger (and single); I would definitely look you up. I feel I have gotten to know you, kind of, over the last (dear god, how long have we known each other?) 10+ years. You were there when Tippy died, when Fred died, when Mikey died, when Kitten died....Too many have died in my life and you have been the one constant. I know, I'm running long here but I wanted you to know how special you are to me. So don't give up! The woman of your dreams could be the one hiding from the cops in your bushes! (No, just kidding. Altho, a lot of people do find satisfying relationships with prisoners. No pop ins but a lot of collect calls!) I'm gonna go....for now. I like you being around....Keep writing!