Monday, November 02, 2015

Marge? She’s Getting a Permanent…

o-HAIR-DRYER-facebook

“Just what are you doing?” I just asked my father over his cellphone.

“I am on the interstate headed back to the Valley,” he told me. “I made a run to the bookstore in Auburn, ate lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse, and don’t you dare tell your mother!”

“Where’s mom?” I then asked. “I tried to get my sodas, but she wasn’t there.”

“She’s getting a permanent at Rhonda’s hair salon,” my father replied.

We both chuckled as if on cue. Mom will be having a “big hair” day we both agreed.

“What are you doing, Chuck?” he asked me.

“I just went to Family Dollar while I was out and about to get some generic Excedrin,” I told him. “I feel a headache coming on and it is probably from the lack of caffeine by not having my sodas.”

“I’ll put your sodas out as soon as I get home,” dad told me encouragingly.

Photo Credit:   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/15/hair-dryer-photos_n_4961380.html

Grocery Day Musings…

spaghetti41Last week, I tried a little experiment and added a large bottle of Ragu chunky style pasta sauce to my meat sauce.  It was edible, but my meat sauce was just way too sweet. That Ragu sauce was just filled with sugar.

The second batch turned out much better.  I added a large can of Hunt’s tomato sauce and two cans of Del Monte tomatoes, diced onions, and green peppers.  That recipe was much more pleasing.    

We are looking upon another grocery day.  I will be buying enough ingredients to allow me to make my spaghetti and meat sauce twice for the week again. I am sure I will get a goodhearted jab from my father. It will be a ground hog day kind of experience. 

Photo Credit #2:   http://www.jehancancook.com/2009/05/speedy-post-for-a-speedy-dishspeedy-weeknight-spaghetti/

3 comments:

glittermom said...

What happened to your sesame chicken casserole you were making?

Andrew said...

It's in the freezer

glittermom said...

Let us know how it is....