Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ms. Maggie? Madam Duchess? Would You Like to Have Some Breakfast this Morning?

brown-white-eggsI was very surprised this early morning when I learned our Kroger is no longer open 24 hours a day. They now close at midnight. There was a guy polishing the floors when I looked through the window after the automatic doors wouldn’t open.  I had no other recourse than to head to the wacky Wal-Mart in Valley. Our Wal-Mart was thankfully deserted at 3am this morning.

I will say this about our Wal-Mart. They have an awesome and excellent produce department.  Everything looked fresh, crisp and appealing.  Much of the types of produce they sell can only be gotten at that one store in town. I picked up some fresh dill and deeply inhaled after crushing some between my fingers. 

I was shopping for breakfast foods and had about $50 dollars that was burning a fiery hole in my wallet. I couldn’t get the breakfast foods last night under the close scrutiny of Johnny Otis at Kroger. He would say that I was living beyond my means and would also want to know what I was doing with $50 dollars cash in my wallet which he would consider a very big temptation.  (Mom actually gave me the money to get the newly released and highly anticipated computer game Fallout 4.)

I got several cartons of ex-large eggs, Hormel black label bacon, cheddar cheese, butter, two cartons of Bavarian style buttermilk, and some frozen White Lily biscuits that looked very promising as far as their taste is concerned.   

Biscuits with Sausage and Mushroom Gravy

Photo Credit:  http://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/2013/07/03/biscuits-with-sausage-and-mushroom-gravy-southern-baking-retreat-in-nashville/

No comments: