Monday, December 14, 2015

A Day Late and a Dollar Short...

Is anybody else's Windows Live Writer not working?  Mine says not supported when I try to upload a blog post to blogger.  Frustrating as that is an awesome program to author a blog with.

"Merry Christmas!" He Says With a Sigh...


Dad postponed Christmas Tree procurement until Wednesday. Charlie has their truck in Dadeville. I told my father it will fit in my car with the rear seats folded down, but he said he didn't want to mess up my car with pine needles. He really just wants to relax today since it is his day off.  I know what is going on. I don't blame him. He has to work ten hours tomorrow.  He wants to drink wine and listen to NPR.

"Be patient," he told me over the phone. "You are going to get a Christmas tree."

He also grilled me on how I am doing today.

"You've already called me three times today," he said. "Are you okay?"

I know what he was thinking.  Shades of my mother, Martha.  Mom can call you five times in an hour is something pressing is on her mind.

"I just feel really anxious and impatient today," I replied. "Impetuous is a better word."

I used all my Christmas lights on hand to decorate inside and out and needed to buy some more for my tree.  I ran over to Fred's Super Dollar a moment ago and their Christmas aisle looked like a wasteland with an odd duckling ornament scattered about. It also looked like a tornado went through and took everything with it.  I am going to check Family Dollar and Dollar General to see if they have Christmas lights.  My last resort will be to go to Wal-Mart which looks more and more likely as the day progresses.  I really don't want to go all the way down to Wal-Mart if I can help it. I bet it is extremely crowded due to Christmas revelers shopping.

I am feeling really anxious and nervous today for some reason. I have a long wait until 9pm and grocery shopping time and that has a lot to do with my feeling such a way. It seems as if I am always waiting on someone else to get something done.  I do have a lot to look forward tonight I keep telling myself.  I can't wait to get more eggnog, Pop-Tarts, milk, and a Manwich with crispy crinkle cut fries is calling my name. I need comfort foods today.  I've also decided I am going to make mom's lasagna this week.

image credit:  http://seankerrigan.com/five-months-after-hurricane-sandy/

No comments: