Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Blessed Be the Charlies of the World...

Charlie was kind of like my knight in shining armor tonight.  I kept expecting my father to show up for the medication ritual any moment, but he never came. He gets angry when I call him during times like this as he says I am trying to hurry him up.

So there I was pacing the floor in agitation.  I was also suffering from angst, impatience, and a little bit of the nervous jitters -- acute withdrawal was just around the corner. Soon, as it grew ever later, Maggie started whining and barking so I walked over and looked out the window hoping to see a car out front.   It was Charlie bearing medications, Arby's roast beef sandwiches, curly fries, and a giant Coca-Cola. He ran across my yard to the front door in a downpour.

"Thank goodness!" I muttered under my breath.

"Thank you so very much!" I told Charlie fawning all over him with lavish praise. "I was beginning to think I had been forgotten about tonight."

Charlie gave me a hug.

"Your father is having a dinner party at his house," Charlie replied. "So I took matters into my own hands."

We gave the Magster clean water and fresh food. Charlie quickly cleaned up my kitchen in a flash.  I then helped him get all my trash out into the trash can by the road as the rain fell upon us.

"Love you!" Charlie told me as he was leaving and I reciprocated.

"Love you too and thank you so much!" I replied back.

Lord, I do love and adore that man and Maggie certainly does as well.

No comments: