Monday, December 21, 2015

Braving the Elements for a Good Cause...

I wasn't going to get groceries tonight as the weather is just terribly deplorable.

"Come on," my father said after the medication ritual. "You'll be glad to have it done and you can buy some extra food tonight since it is Christmas."

I begrudgingly and reluctantly stood up, pulled on a jacket, and headed to my car in the rain.

"I'll see you at Kroger," my father said as the heavens opened up upon us.

He drove off and I hurriedly caught up to him in my car. We were the Kroger caravan and we were Kroger bound.

My total came to be $89 dollars and that is including Maggie's $12.99 bag of Purina One and some treats for her Christmas as well. She's getting a big smoked ribeye bone Christmas morning. She will chew and gnaw on it for days and then most likely will bury it. That is usually Maggie's modus operandi.

I got the ingredients to fix mom's sour cream and mushroom chicken.  It is absolutely sinfully delicious.  I will have to get the recipe onto the blog. I will be also making mom's beef lo mien once again. Thankfully, I managed not to forget soy sauce and white rice.

For drinks, I got two quarts of non-alcoholic vanilla eggnog and two gallons of sweet milk. I forgot to get my two allotted Mountain Dews for the week and it left me quite perturbed.

I talked to Jermaine for a good bit.  He wanted to know all about Charlie's Horsefly. They used to have special education classes together. In other words, Jermaine rode the shortbus to school.  I love him, though, and always give him some time out of my day.  I almost gave him a Christmas hug tonight. If there were ever a candidate for man bras then Jermaine would be first in line.

Image Credit:   http://www.carriesexperimentalkitchen.com/chicken-parisienne/

3 comments:

Jenn said...

What on earth is sweet milk? Is it sweetened milk?

Andrew said...

It is a Southern colloquialism I think. We've always just called whole milk or full-fat milk "sweet milk".

Jenn said...

Ah, ok. Lol, I was picturing sugared milk! I couldn't make sense of it :)