Friday, December 18, 2015

The Days of Meatloaf's Past...

"Would you mind if we have meatloaf again tomorrow?" dad asked me last night.

"You know me," I said. "I could eat it every week. I can't get enough of the stuff."

Mom will call me about 3pm and tell me to come and pick up my plate.  I wonder if we are having macaroni and cheese -- with meatloaf it is Helen's holy grail of all of her meals.

Epoch of the Sad Clown...


Dad was especially quiet last night and I am like my mother and I tend to project or internalize feelings on ourselves and others.

"I'm just tired after working 10 hours," he told me saying that I was just like The Secretary. "Nothing is wrong."

I asked dad if he was ready to retire as Maggie eagerly vied for his attention and affection.

"I'd have to drastically change my lifestyle," he told me as he scratched Maggie's back. "I'm not ready to do that just yet."
"This may come as a surprise to some, but Pharmacist income is higher than what is expected. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the average Pharmacist salary is $106,410 annually. The highest-paidPharmacists earn more than $131,440 per year, and even the lowest-paid Pharmacists are paid $77,390."
So that explains why he is still working.  Dad did tell me last night that he would never get bored if he retired.

"You can always find something to do around the house," he told me sounding just like his mother.

"But I don't want to have to vacuum!" I said with a laugh.


Star Wars The Force Awakens is Coming to a Computer Near You...


Any hour now, someone is going to upload a bootlegged copy of the new Star Wars film. It will permeate the internet like wildfire. I just checked Kickass Torrents and it still hasn't shown up just yet. These are what is called "Cams" as the film is copied with a camcorder while someone sits in the movie theater.  They are always of terrible quality and only for the most diehard of Star Wars fans..  

1 comment:

Rita said...

Do you know the recipe for Helen's meatloaf? There is a classic one from Quaker Oats that is commonly used, but your parents may have a family recipe that she uses as well.