Saturday, December 19, 2015

And Let There Be Warmth...

My favorite bacon of them all. It was my grandmother's favorite as well.

It was 29°F when I woke up this chilly morning.  My clock read 6:00 am and it was still dark outside with dawn fast on the way.  I stayed in bed for the longest time listening to Maggie breathe softly.  She was cold and was right up against my chest partially beneath my covers. I hated to wake her up.  I love it when she does that as she is not an overly affectionate dog. Bedtime is an important bonding focal point for us.

The thermostat for my heating and cooling seemed to be a 100 miles away even though it is just down the hall.  I finally quickly got dressed, put on some socks and shoes, and had the heat on 78°F in a few minutes. It didn't take long for my little house to warm up from 68°F. Maggie slowly moved from the bed to her perch on the back of  the couch.  In was time for our daily sentry duty.

I was hungry and fried my last 5 slices of Black Label bacon.  Maggie and I had some scrambled eggs and some cheese grits as well accompanied with some White Lily frozen biscuits.  The pot of coffee I made hit the spot as well on this cold morning.  I am running low on breakfast foods, but Charlie will be here tomorrow with breakfast biscuits. That will get me by until Monday aka grocery day.

White Lily Frozen Biscuits that need some butter pronto!

image credit:  http://bacon-labels.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html
image credit:  http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2008/10/perfect-buttermilk-biscuits.html

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Did you ever try the Pillsbury biscuits in a can? Their cinnamon rolls are delicious too.

Andrew said...

Glittermom, I love the flaky grands biscuits.

glittermom said...

Yes they are grand!