Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Beginning and Then the End...

I can see myself going to bed early tonight. Yessirree! Every time I yawn, Maggie will yawn as well. It has been the never ending day, but a good one none-the-less. I washed all my comforters and sheets and the bed is still going to still be warm from the dryer when I decide to retire.  Maggie knows the routines well -- as soon as I start turning off computers and lights she heads straight for the bed to get her favorite spot.  Maggie will turn circles around and around on top of the covers until she until she can get situated and will lay down -- a vestige handed down from her wolf ancestors.

Charlie and Papa have just left after a whirlwind of a visit. They have to hurry so the food for their other deliveries doesn't get cold.  Mom never called me about what I wanted to eat so my father got me the default 3pc original Kentucky Fried Chicken meal.  You won't hear me complain, though.  I am so blessed to get it.  I am also blessed to have Charlie and Papa (even if he is an old curmudgeon) in my life.  A supportive family can make such a big difference in the life of a mentally ill person.  If I have a little help, then I can muddle through life for the most part.

As dad was handing my medications, he noticed my hands were trembling and shaking. My medications do that to me.  Mom's hands will do the same thing. Dad was worried about Tardive Dyskinesia -- somewhat rare among people who are taking heavy-duty antipsychotics. It causes involuntary muscle spasms and limb movement.


May the Force Be With You...


Anybody else super excited about the new Star Wars film? I am rife with giddy excitement.  It comes out on the 18th of December, but I will wait until things settle down and the crowds dissipate before I get some tickets. Newest Star Wars Teaser Trailer.

image credit:  https://kfc.com.au/menu/boxed-meals/3-piece-box/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tardive dyskinesia is not rare at all. Unless you're on one of the Atypicals.