Sunday, December 20, 2015

Smiles Abound About a Fantastic Film...


I called mom after lunch and asked her if she wanted to drive down with me to Auburn and see the new Star Wars film.

"Star Wars is not my cup of tea," mom told me kindly, but she thanked me for inviting her.

She did go see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies with me and actually sat through the whole film even though she said the film bored her to death.  She was a real sport about the whole affair. I guess she didn't want a repeat of that ordeal.

Mom added she wasn't feeling good today mentally and was going back to sleep. I had woken her up when I called.

"Well, I am headed down now to the afternoon matinee showing," I told her.

"Have fun!" mom replied.

I remember seeing the original film with my uncle and brother in 1977.  I was not disappointed at all with this latest film and had a grand time even if I had to go alone.  I splurged and got the big popcorn and ginormous Coke, and I had a great seat in front of the screen.  I also got some Goobers which are chocolate coated peanuts. I love those things.

Don't ask for any spoilers as there are a ton of surprises so go see it for yourselves.  It was awesome seeing Han Solo aka Harrison Ford take on such a strong leading role in the film.  Han Solo rocks! One of my biggest worries was Carrie Fisher and how she would portray the now General and Queen Leia Organa.   She looked beautiful and did a fine job of acting.


Sunday Night Fried Chicken...


Charlie called me tonight and asked me what I wanted to eat and I told him the usual.  A 3pc original recipe KFC meal deal.  An hour later Charlie showed up alone with the food around 8 pm.  .

"Where's Dad?" I asked Charlie a little befuddled.

I was sorely missing the old codger tonight. I hadn't seen him all day.

"He's at some frou frou Christmas dinner party," Charlie said. "And I wasn't invited."

"Whew!" I replied innocently and very seriously. "I am glad it is not me having to do that."

It struck Charlie as funny about what I said and he was still laughing when he left.

No comments: