Friday, December 25, 2015

Flotsam and Jetsam...

We had a spectacular show of lightning and thunder in the darkened skies last night.  My brother-in-law, my father, and I were loading up my presents in my car when one especially close bolt hit the ground near us.

"That's it!" my father exclaimed. "I am going back inside."

My father loves the weather, but he is also afraid of it -- mostly lightning for that matter.

I mustered up the courage to go back to my parent's Christmas party last night and muddle through the socialization the best I could.  I had amazingly gotten lonely -- something that rarely happens to me.

Charlie was busy cleaning up the kitchen as I arrived.  It wouldn't be Christmas without Charlie doing so in the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas Andrew!" Charlie exclaimed as I walked through the back door.

We gave each other a Christmas hug.

The grandkids were super glad to see me and eagerly wanted me to open all my presents.  The rest of the family had already opened their presents. The Secretary was also busy making sure all wrapping paper was cleared and thrown away. That's been her job at Christmas for years and she takes it very seriously.  She was waiting with a trash bag as I opened every present.

I got a really nice Cuisinart coffee maker (pictured). Dad also bought me some gourmet coffee and extra filters.  I am drinking a cup of freshly brewed coffee as we speak and it is delicious. This coffee maker is so easy to use compared to the little two cup percolator I have and it makes 12 cups with every brew which is very nice.

I also got a lot of jackets, a goose down vest, shirts, and pants that were much needed.

Finding my way home wasn't very easy as every bridge I came to was washed out and barricades were put up.  I finally found a bridge in my old childhood neighborhood that was still open and headed for home before it got washed out and barricaded as well.

image credit:  http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Cuisinart-DCC-1200BW-Brew-Central-12-cup-Programmable-Matte-Black-Coffeemaker/5175787/product.html

2 comments:

Christina said...

Glad you went back to hang with your family. They really love you. Merry Christmas~~

Rita said...

Merry Christmas! I am glad you were feeling up to hanging out with your family! I am wondering how the most recent medication add on may actually be helping you with this and other mental health?