Monday, December 28, 2015

Rain and More Rain...

Maggie and I slept until 1 pm after going to bed around midnight.  We've been doing some serious sleeping lately. I opened my eyes and Maggie was curled up against my t-shirt clad chest.  I smiled. I love it when she does that.

The first thing I usually do upon getting out of my bed is to wake my sleeping computer in the bedroom and check the weather. I sat down in my chair and pulled up the National Weather Service. The whole radar was filled with green, yellow, and reds signalling lots of rain and it was moving our way -- something we definitely don't need after our Christmas Eve rain.  I called my father who was out running errands and told him that the weather was going to get bad soon.  We also have a wind advisory out until midnight tonight.

Tonight is grocery night and I hope we can make it.  I've been living off of Christmas leftovers and will be glad to get some more food in the house. Dad's pork roast and barbecue sauce were exquisite, though.  I had that KFC last night, but it wasn't very good. I still have a breast left and some instant mashed potaters.


Kickstarting the Soda Ritual...

"Get your Cokes today," The Secretary told me earnestly as I was standing in their den. "It has been worrying me for weeks. We still have a garage wall full of your Cokes left."

Dad rolled his eyes at me.

"Get him some Beefaroni, too, Martha," he told my mother worried I was about out of food.

Dad keeps a supply of Chef Boyardee Microwave Beefaroni for when my groceries run low. He gets them every Wednesday night when he does their shopping.

I acquiesced and my mother handed me a sack of six diet cokes.  She already had them made up and sitting in the coat closet.  I couldn't help but smile at my mother's determination.  I will still get my two Mountain Dews tonight, though, I have been allowing myself per week.  I love those things.

Grocery Day...

I have no idea what I am going to get grocery wise tonight.  I think I will stick with my tried and true beef lo mein and spaghetti with meat sauce.  I know I am getting two boxes of strawberry Pop-Tarts and two gallons of sweet milk.  I know I also want chocolate pudding and eggnog if they have any eggnog left after Christmas.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Don't forget breakfast food!