Friday, December 11, 2015

Andrew: The Original Bottomless Pit Since 1972...

The dough dad uses in his chicken and dumplings is biscuit dough!

Well, the medication ritual is over for another evening. Maggie was in fine form and put on a great show of affection for my father tonight. She is finally just about healed from all her various ailments.

"She's just like a puppy!" my father exclaimed marveling at the way she was acting. .

"It does my heart so very good," I replied as my father scratched Maggie's back and Maggie wiggled in ecstasy. "I have diligently doctored on her for two weeks now."

Maggie's had a steady dose of antibiotics for her ear and eye infections and Neosporin with a pain killer for her skin yeast infection flare ups. There is just one little spot on her chest and it has a hard time healing because she scratches it so. It looks red and inflamed.

Dad had warned me earlier during the day not to eat too much meatloaf as he was cooking supper as well. The grandkids are over and they hadn't eaten since McDonald's at noon. Dad cooked one of his signature dishes chicken and dumplings.

"The kids just love it," dad told me tonight as we sat on my couch.

"I love it, too!" I told my father with great anticipation.

As usual, it is either feast or famine around here.

Image Credit:  http://www.dishmaps.com/southern-chicken-and-dumplings/28248

No comments: