Thursday, December 10, 2015

And the Sun Went Down Like Countless Millennium Before…

The Magnificence of Nature...
Sundown means Papa’s imminent arrival. It gets dark so early now, though.  It can make me feel melancholy.

My father was a little early tonight despite working all day. It was a nice surprise. Dad’s co-pharmacist, Angie, sent me a tin of cookies and a pharmacy calendar for Christmas.  I told dad to tell her that I really appreciated it.  I’ve never met a cookie that I didn’t like and these were delicious Danish butter cookies.

Dad and I were sitting on my couch as the medication ritual commenced.

“I tell ya,” my father said. “It just feels damn good to sit down.  Standing up for 10 hours filling prescriptions is tough. I didn't even get a chance to eat lunch we were so busy today.”

I called dad a glorified dope man and he laughed.

I Pop the Question...


“Are you thirsty?” I then asked my father in anticipation. “Let’s go get a drink down at the Circle K.”

Dad handed me the key to the X5 and told me I was driving.  He sat in the passenger’s seat just talking away. Driving that car is a dream come true and a real treat.

"Now, when you buy a new BMW, I want to have this one as a hand-me-down," I told my father.

"We'll see," my father said with a grin, a short nervous laugh, and a smirk."This car would probably be too expensive for you to maintain it, though."

No comments: