Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I Think I am in Love and it Makes Me Kinda Nervous to Say So...

"What you need Chuck?" my father chirpily asked when I called him at the pharmacy last hour.

It is back to the grind for him today...

"I think I am in love and it makes me kind of nervous to say so," I told him.

"Now goddammit, don't you let that woman come and live in your house," he replied tersely and venomously.

I burst out in laughter.  I got him good.  Usually, it is the other way around with him pulling hijinks on me.  Dad laughed nervously and told me to quit doing that kind of thing to him.  I was going to give him a heart attack.

Dad's Latest Hijinks On Me...

"I'm mad at you!" my father said sitting on the couch last week,

"What have I done?" I asked nervously -- my codependence kicking into high gear.

"Charlie said he saw you coming out of the Circle K with beer," dad replied.

"You would've of smelled it on me if I were drinking beer," I decreed growing angry at Charlie for saying such a thing.

"I am going to have to get your debit cards back," he told me in plain speak.

"I wasn't drinking!" I exclaimed. "I don't know what kind of crack Charlie is smoking!"

Dad then smiled and started to laugh.

"Got you!" he said.

"Jesus, don't scare me like that," I told my father. "I haven't had a drink in years."

image credit:  http://www.holidayinsights.com/valentine/cupid.htm

No comments: