Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Diagnosis is Not Looking Good, But We’ve Got Our Fingers Crossed…

helpYes, I am up at 4am this morning.  One of these days I am going to get back on a normal sleeping schedule.  Until then, let us night owls unite!  I have a friend on Facebook and she is always up and posting this time of  the morning even though nobody is reading.  It gives me some solace in that I am not alone.

A Gremlin Resides Inside my Gaming Computer…

Well, my main computer started crashing yesterday afternoon and it is terribly troublesome and worrisome to me.  I narrowed it down to my Radeon video card.  Sadly, I can’t afford to buy another video card at the  moment.  The cheapest I would entertain is a $199.99 R9 280X AMD video card.  Luckily, my processor has a graphics processing unit (integrated graphics) on the chip die so I can still use the computer, but I can’t run it at the resolutions I like or play video games.

Update:   I just gave the card one more chance and reinstalled it by carefully seating it in its socket hoping that was the problem.  I also reinstalled the drivers as well hoping that will help.  So far, we’ve been running an hour without a crash.  I hope the computer gods are smiling down upon me this early morning.

Christmas Windfall Changes…

The gravy train passed us by this year.  My father told me yesterday he is only giving myself and my two siblings $250 to spend for Christmas this year instead of our usual $500.  That means no $399.99 surround sound system for my computer.  I told dad to get me a cappuccino machine or something similar like a really, really nice coffee maker.   

Let’s Get Breakfast Started! 

What is your favorite breakfast food?  My father loves sweets like warm Danishes, cinnamon buns, and such, and so does my mother. My grandmother loved biscuits and bacon with homemade jelly or preserves.  She also loved different kinds of melons for breakfast. Occasionally, Helen will prepare a pancake or waffle breakfast for my parents.  I personally love savory things like fried eggs, bacon and sausage.  This morning Maggie and I are having poached eggs on buttered toast with some cheddar sprinkled on top.  It is a childhood favorite of mine.  I will also cook some bacon and get a pot of strong coffee going.  

Image Credit:  http://esi-a.com/hardware.html

1 comment:

Gin said...

I'm with you...coffee, bacon, eggs and homemade biscuits. Sometimes gravy. Sometimes sorghum with butter stirred in for sopping the biscuits. Sheesh! Now you flung a cravin' on me. Off to whup some up!