Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Laura's Back...

The  latest photo of Laura.
"I told you she would be back,"  my father said laughing hysterically today in a phone call. "And guess who she called?  Mr. nice guy, Andrew -- the guy taking her out to eat every week."

"She's a good friend," I told my father. "And nothing more.  Guys and girls can be friends, don't you know?"

Dad had said when Laura left for Statesboro that she would be back and he was right. Wayne threw her out on Christmas Eve for "talking to too many guys". Namely, her ex-boyfriend Richard, whom I find a fascinating creature. Her parents drove Christmas Day to bring her home.

"Now, she is going to want to come live with you," my father told me with more hysterical laughter. "You can have an instant family!"

Dad can be such an incorrigible little shithead sometimes. lol

"Well, that is not going to happen," I replied in defense of myself.  "Maggie and I are perfectly fine just the way we are."

I do care about her, though, and I hated to hear what happened to her over Christmas.  That guy, Wayne, was a jerk.

Laura can't go live with Richard, though...

Richard Larson
I have to have all my stuff out of the old house by December 31 because I can't afford to keep the house and the lights will be turned off January 1

It is a lot like a Shakespearean Tragedy!

Feeling Up to Snuff...

Well, I feel much better today even though I am terribly drowsy and sleepy.  I am crossing my fingers that it stays that way.  The Holidays got my medications screwed up and maybe now we will get back to the normal time of taking them around 9 pm.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could take them at 9am?

Maggie and I slept until noon again, though.  Feast or famine, that's the way it goes for me so many times.  I don't sleep enough and then I sleep too much.  Maggie thoroughly enjoys our current living arrangement.  She is already back in the bed. Little does Maggie know that the sheets are getting washed today and she is getting a bath as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

she probably was talking to too many guys. i know her well, and she'll text me every now and then. best thing you could do is stay away from her. and you can tell her i said it! you can do better.