Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Torrential Rains and Gluteal Injections...

The Secretary and Maggie Mid-Yawn
Dad called me at 8:15am sharp. Maggie and I were both still in the bed and the both of us seemed to moan at the sound of the phone ringing. My cell phone never rings that early. Maggie curled up under my arm signalling that she wasn't ready to get up just yet. There was also a torrential downpour falling outside my windows to confound things further -- one of the hardest rains I've heard in a long time.

"Get up and get going Chuck," my father said upon my answering my phone. "It is time to go get your injection."

"Do you hear how hard it is raining outside today?" I asked my father.

"Ah, a little water never hurt anybody," he said blithely, safe in the confines of his warm and dry home for the day.

I made the comment that I was going to need a boat to get there and my father chuckled.

Dad has the day off and the world is his oyster.  His only obligation was coordinating and choreographing my injection this morning.

"You've got all-wheel drive," my father said. "You can make it!"

Well, I grabbed a very quick shower and headed South to the pharmacy -- my hair was still wet and I smelled like an Irish Spring.  I grabbed my already packaged injection and then headed to Kamath Medical which is just a short drive down the road.  It didn't take my nurse but a few moments to administer my injection which was very, very nice.  I thanked Rebecca so very profusely and then I did the same for the rest of the office staff.  Dee Dee already had my next appointment set up for me as I exited the examining room.  I told them they were awesome and they ate up the praise.  I then ran the next appointment card by my father at home as his insurance I actually got the injection.

"Five years ago, I couldn't have ever trusted you to do this," he told me. "You've come a long way son."

Boy, did my injection burn today, though.  Sometimes I don't even feel it.  It was like being stuck in the arse with a fiery red hot poker today.  I don't dare tell Rebecca that as it will worry her deeply. "Grin and bear it" as the old saying goes.

No comments: