Friday, December 04, 2015

The Great Soup Rally…

81326354-260x260-0-0_Greenies Greenies Pill Pockets for Dogs Tablet Siz“What are you going to do about food since Helen didn’t cook?” my mother asked me very worriedly over the phone this afternoon.

Helen’s husband is really ill and she couldn’t cook this week.  Helen’s cooking usually feeds me three meals on the weekends.

“I have some food left,” I told my mother trying to assuage her worries. “I might have to go buy some sandwich bread and bologna for sandwiches.  My main lament is being out of pudding for Maggie’s medications. I kind of ate a few of them for myself.”

I’ve been using tapioca pudding as a vessel for giving Maggie her antibiotics.  The stuff is just delectably delicious.  She just happily laps it right up none the wiser about the medication being mixed in.

Mom said she was going to send me vegetable beef soup, two toasted cheese sandwiches, and some potato salad tonight through my father when he arrives for the medication ritual.

“I’m going to send you some of those pill pockets for Maggie as well,” mom also told me.  “You know they are made out of peanut butter. She should just eat them right up.”

I thanked my mother profusely for her help in all of this.

Photo Credit: http://www.dogguide.net/blog/2011/04/product-review-greenies-pill-pockets/

No comments: