Monday, December 14, 2015

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Fry those patties, baby!
I had another very fitful night of sleep.  Maggie woke me just once when she was trying to get closer to me for warmth. I pulled her close to me and soon was fast asleep again. It was 68° when I woke up this morning in my house. I set the heat on a frugal 74° degrees and started my day after pulling on some warm clothes.


1-800-BAD-DRUG


I am beginning to think my father could be right in that Straterra did a number on my brain chemistry. I was in the bed just before 10pm last night. He said insomnia is a very common side-effect of that drug. It kind of miffed me, though, that my father would take away from me the medications my doctor prescribed. Out of curiosity, I asked my father yesterday if we could give it another try and he said no. I knew not to argue with him as when he makes a decision like that he sticks to it. I don't have a battle of the wills inside me today. Too bad we didn't give it a chance.  I am pretty sure insomnia would have gone away in a few days.

Pig Ears for Maggie...


Sausage patties take so very long to cook. My stomach was grumbling in protest and anticipation as I stood in front of the stove this morning. I guess it is because I like mine very well done and crispy around the edges.  I cooked four frozen biscuits in my toaster oven and that was what I had -- sausage and biscuits.  I am out of eggs so Maggie got left out this morning. I didn't want to feed her sausage biscuits -- fearful of the spiciness of the sausage. I have just about gotten her well healthwise and didn't want to take chances with people food.  I will get her some dried pig's ears at the grocery store tonight.  Maggie loves those things. I know that sounds gross, but Maggie will crunch away and chew on one for hours.


Let's Spruce Things Up Around Here...


Hopefully, I will get my Christmas tree today weather permitting.  It wouldn't be Christmas without it.  I spent some time last night getting everything out of my computer room closet -- stuff like lights, garlands and ornaments.   I love the way a real tree makes your house smell. Dad tried to discourage me from getting a tree this year as he said my current decorations look plenty nice.  I drove around the block last night just to see what it looked like from the street as I was passing by and my house did look Christmasy.  Dad didn't want me to be lax about taking the tree down after Christmas was his main concern. He said it was a fire hazard and that I wouldn't take it seriously.


My Sweet Tooth Beckons...


Ah, grocery day. The weeks just fly by so fast. My blog wouldn't be complete without me ruminating on what I am getting at the grocery store tonight. I am certainly getting more eggnog as that stuff is rich, creamy, and delicious.  I just wish it came in a much larger size.  Dad will carefully check the carton to make sure it is nonalcoholic which will make me smile.  The feel good police in action. I never got around to making bobby burgers last week so that will be the meal du jour for several nights. For my sweets, I am going to get another two large boxes of unfrosted strawberry Pop-Tarts and two gallons of milk to accompany it.  And we mustn't forget breakfast foods -- my favorite meal of the day.


The Weather Gods Must Be Angry...


It looks like it is going to get stormy here in the next hour.  The wind is blowing something crazy. It looks like a little squall line is forming.



image credit:  http://www.dishmaps.com/simple-homemade-sausage-patties/20452
image credit:  http://www.cdtreefarm.com/

1 comment:

glittermom said...

As much as you love a Christmas tree don't let your dad talk you out of one....if he won't get you one go get it yourself....everyone deserves a Christmas tree if they want one.