Monday, December 14, 2015

Sloppy Joe Time! Anybody Up For Some Eggnog and Mingling?


Well, I got everything on my shopping list and still came in less than $70. I was very proud as I got a helluva lot of food for my money.  It was one of my fastest grocery visits ever as well. I left the house with a Paula Cole album playing and the album still hadn't finished by the time I arrived home. I thought that was pretty neat.

I sent dad off on a search for Manwich sauce as I couldn't find it. He found me in the dairy department with 4 cans of the bold variety in his hands.  We stuck them in my buggy as my father wandered off coughing and I went in search of Kroger brand chocolate pudding which was 2 packs for $4 dollars.

I was a little obsessive in getting 3 large 12ct boxes of Pop-Tarts as I wanted to try the chocolate fudge variety as well. That was an impulse buy and the only thing that wasn't on my list.  I was hoping to find the apple cinnamon Pop-Tarts, but apparently they don't sell them anymore. At the very least, my Kroger didn't have them.

I allow myself two sugary and caffeine infused Mountain Dews a week and I am sitting here thoroughly enjoying a bottle as I write this.  As soon as my medications soak in at 11:10 pm, I am going to drink a big glass of non-John Barleycorn vanilla eggnog.

image credit:  http://www.mommyenterprises.com/moms-blog/32155/stuffed-bell-peppers-with-manwich-recipe/

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I don't know... to me egg nog without the rum is... well... sort of like uncooked scrambled eggs. :)

PipeTobacco

diana said...

Andrew,
Do you have the Kroger app on your phone? You could save some by using it and get flue points if your Kroger offers gas.
Just a suggestion :-)

Waves *hello*

diana said...

Oy, apologies, fuel!