Thursday, December 31, 2015

Fred's, Oh My Fred's...

Aren't the Charmin Bears kind of freaky?

I was just in Fred's Super Dollar and it was absolutely gangbusters in there.  Could it be pre-holiday shopping?  The line was so long it ended way back in the pharmaceuticals aisle.

I came for toilet paper as I am out.  I saw the checkout line and left -- walking back out to my car.  I was going to call mom as they get toilet paper by the case from the pharmacy at cost.  One of the perks my father's lingering employment allows.

"Mom?" I asked calling on my cell phone as I sat in my car.

"Johnny? Where are you?" she answered in a fit of delirium.

"Mom, it's me.  Andrew," I replied chuckling to my half asleep mother. "Do you have some toilet paper I could have?"

"I've got plenty," she said as she grew more awake. "I will put two big packs out on the back porch with your Cokes."

That was nice.  It saved me for having to wait in line for a half hour for one measly pack of toilet paper.  I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I ran by my parent's house which is just up the street from Fred's, grabbed my Cokes, and then the toilet paper -- killing two birds with one stone as the old saying goes.

image credit: http://www.grocery.com/charmin-bathroom-tissue/

No comments: