Sunday, December 27, 2015

Mickey D's Biscuit Time!


Charlie arrived very early at 8 am.  I was sound asleep and woken by the jubilant barking of Maggie in the den.

"Hey, you two!" Charlie said as I opened the door.  "It seems Maggie is the only one who knows what is going on around here."

I sleepily laughed as Charlie handed me a sack of food and a giant Coke.

"I've had the doldrums for the past few days," I told Charlie. "But I try not to whine about it, and I hide it pretty well."

"Well, you get to feeling better," Charlie said. "Remember, your father and I are bringing supper tonight and I may just cut your hair."

Charlie's been saying he is going to cut my hair for weeks now.  We can wait another week as far as I am concerned.

Charlie left and I ate one sausage biscuit and Maggie ate the other, and soon we were back in bed again and we slept until 2 pm.  I sure hope I sleep tonight.  I didn't mean to sleep so long today.

***************************


I just called my father after waking up and he is cleaning the house after Christmas.   He cleaned up for Christmas, and now he has got to clean again after it.  I told him he ought to bottle his barbecue sauce and he would be a millionaire if he sold it. He laughed and told me thank you.

I got the classic handoff to my mother.  Mom was watching the television -- a show about building the Roman coliseum.

"Why are you watching that?" I asked my mother.

It was uncharacteristic of her.

"Your daddy was watching it and I don't know how to change the channel," mom protested.

I laughed.   

No comments: