Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Spaghetti? You Forgot the Spaghetti? Why! You’re No Cook…

d9be5116d4755a6a3e266c4c51b96ea8After all I bought last night, I forgot to buy spaghetti noodles.  Duh!  When I get up and going this afternoon, I will head out and buy some and I will probably get one of my SoBe citrus drinks as well as a 76¢ treat. 

I was taking a snooze in my Lazy-E-Boy last hour until a noticeably louder song on my computer’s speakers woke me up.  It kind of gave me my second wind and I feel much better this morning than yesterday morning.  I had a terrible time with regards to my mental illness yesterday, but refrained from talking or writing about it. Yesterday morning was extremely tough and I wanted to call my father for my medications.  He told me last night that he would have given them to me, but I wouldn’t/couldn’t have an extra dose that night. I’m glad I held out and waited. I finally got so tired I collapsed in the bed and slept until late yesterday afternoon. I alluded to mom what happened on the phone, but I don’t want to worry her too much. Stiff upper lip and all, and I still managed to get my groceries last night despite feeling like the dregs of society. 

I just realized why I am struggling some and struggling so as well.  My Risperdal Consta injection is this Thursday and my medication levels are fluctuating or dropping by the hour. Hell hath no fury than like a Schizophrenic man without his Risperdal! lol

How do people work and keep such complicated lives together?  I marvel at the amount of stress people have to deal with on a daily basis.  Stress I couldn’t handle.  Getting kids dressed and to school, going to work, and still getting dinner on the table that night?  Add in a mental illness and things get really interesting.  Life is hard enough without all that thrown in for bad measure. I guess that’s why I have little responsibility other than Maggie and keeping myself somewhat presentable on a daily basis.Those are my main two responsibilities.  I really admire what my mother did all those being bi-polar/schizophrenic and raising a family and teaching school.  It is amazing she lasted as long as she did.  She finally got her teacher’s retirement.

Facebook, oh Facebook! Why hast thou forsaken me Facebook?  Do you go though meh! moments with Facebook?  I am bored with it currently and don’t have much to say lately.  I tried putting up some of my long form writing and it was met with a lackluster response.  I think people’s eyes glaze over when they see that “see more” button or that much words.

Photo Credit:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/350366045986999594/

1 comment:

Rita said...

You and your dad have a medication ritual. He always comes to your house and you are at his mercy. I wonder if there are times when you could go to where he is to get and take you meds?

Grocery shopping: do you make a list? When I do not, I always forget something, unless I do the abc method when I have a short list. Bread, cheese, eggs, and milk. Alphabetical order, 4 things on the list, b,c,e,and m, say the names a few times, using my fingers to count on. This does not work for a long list though.