Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Strattera…

ADDERALL STRATERRADad promptly took me off the Strattera last night. My doctor was going to prescribe Adderall when this all began,  but my father protested.  He didn’t like Strattera from the beginning he said fearing it was a stimulant like Adderall which is basically prescription strength amphetamines – a controlled substance.  I didn’t sleep but 3 hours in a 24 hour period the past few days.  He said that Strattera was the culprit. 

“I thought you were going to put up more of a fuss when I took it away,” my father said befuddled when he didn’t give me last night’s dosage.

“I am tired and weary worn of fussing,” I replied. “Do what you will.”

I feel like we never even gave it a chance before it was taken away.  Dad said he was afraid I was going to start acting “wacky” and “aggressive”. He attributes our fuss the other day to the Strattera causing me not to think clearly. To his credit, I did sleep like a baby last night and I am now back on a more normal circadian rhythm.  I have always traditionally been an early riser and was out of the bed at 5am this morning, though.  I think I went to bed around 10pm last night.

Maggie? Chowtime!

scrambledeggI just finished fixing Maggie and I a slam-bang breakfast. Breakfast truly is my most important meal of the day.  I was in Wal-Mart at 6am this morning after a quick shower and shave.  I bought real salted butter, 4 cartons of jumbo eggs, regular grits, sweetened condensed milk, frozen biscuits, and my usual brand of bacon.  

Drinking coffee this morning during breakfast brought back extremely vivid memories of dad’s mom doing the same thing when I was just a youngster.  Just the mere smell of coffee conjures up very fond memories of my late grandmother. That alone merits brewing a pot every morning.

Maggie got two eggs scrambled plain and you’d think Christmas had come to town.  I also gave her a few bits of bacon out of the goodness of my heart ever cognizant of the health considerations.  I also ladled up a paper bowl of grits with just a little butter for the Magster and she greedily lapped it up once it had cooled some. 

Photo Credit: http://www.progressivehealth.com/strattera-adderall.htm

2 comments:

glittermom said...

And I bet grandma had a stovetop percolator....the best coffee made...

Unknown said...

Strattera isn't a stimulant. Dr. has me on Vyvanse.