Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Hell, Let’s Go Get Us a Drink! Let the Fountain Drinks Flow Forth!

29-large_defaultDad and I were both laughing tonight as we drove to the convenience store.  I won’t write what we were laughing about as it was kind of crude, and religiously irreverent, but we were having a good time.   Earlier, I had said I wanted a SoBe drink and dad said, “Hell, let’s both go get us a drink”. It was nice not having to drive and I could just listen to my father talk about some of his relatives of the past and their antics. My father comes from an interesting family.  Dad can tell some stories on my mother as well that will have you rolling in the floorboard.  Mom’s done some interesting things herself over the years.

Lopez and Crew Came a’Callin’…

I felt much better today. I can laugh tonight and that means a lot!  The only mar on my sleep was the lawn service coming and I had to quickly wake up and close the Magster’s dog door. I love my dearest Maggie, but she has limitations and is not the brightest bulb in the box.  She will get in the road and get run over. I cringe at the thought of it. Nightmares!

They got up all the numerous leaves in the backyard for which I was extremely pleased.  I fell soundly back asleep again with little fuss after shutting that door.  Charlie called me tonight and said they finally came to his house today as well. He was happy as a lark in a tree. He had been worried about it as we are all paying them a lot of money monthly for their services.  I’m on the economical plan as my yard isn’t very big.  Dad? Gosh, there is no telling what he spends. His yard is huge. Charlie will get the sand in his desert manicured. “Oh, don’t run over the cactus!”

Now, as the grass is dead from our killing frost last week, Lopez and crew will turn their attention to my shrubbery as it needs it the most.  They will edge my flowerbeds and trim all my shrubs.

Photo Credit:  http://jjtotalservices.com/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product&id_lang=1

No comments: