Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Soon, Put Out Your Cookies and Your Milk...



Two more days and Santa will arrive.  I hope you all were good and won't get any lumps of coal. I might get a few lumps myself. That overspending at the grocery store can get you in lots of trouble.

When I was a child, the Christmas Holidays were an extremely cherished two-week respite from that hell hole called public education.  At least, I didn't get picked on too much despite being a strange little fellow.  I had a reputation of cockpunching or kicking you in the balls if you pushed me too hard or slighted me. Yeah, I unabashedly played dirty pool.

Dad told me just to buy gifts for my nephew and three nieces and not for the whole family.  I got them all some cool stuff I hope they will enjoy.  I got them the kind of things I would want as a kid at Christmas.  Grant is going to love the four "action packed" Star Wars figures I got him. Lily loves soccer so she got a new soccer ball. Olivia got two Barbies. Kathleen got Star Wars Legos.

Dad's mom and her sisters always gave us socks and underwear for Christmas which can depress a little 8-year-old kid. I still have emotional scars from childhood when one Christmas I got a knitted scarf.

image credit:  http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/12/how-to-instantly-own-the-worlds-coolest-star-wars-action-figure-collection/

No comments: