Sunday, December 27, 2015

Dearest Poor Maggins...

Maggie was so looking forward to seeing my father and Charlie tonight.  I mentioned their names and she got in the window on vigil.  Well, Papa and Charlie blew the horn for me to come out to the curb to get my KFC meal. They didn't come inside.

"Y'all can't come inside for 5 minutes?" I asked my father.

"We need to get all this food delivered before it gets cold," Charlie responded.

"Look in the window!" I told my father as he sat in his car.

There was Maggie just barking her fool little head off on the back of the sofa hoping to see them. She watched as they drove away and I know she had to be crestfallen.  I fixed her some chicken to soften the blow.

image credit:  http://wgonhelicopter.blogspot.com/2011/04/crestfallen-2011-wordless-and-powerful.html

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I find all this very strange..how did all this food delivery on Sunday's get started?

Christina said...

Canines don't have the same emotions as humans. They, like all other non-human animals have the ability to move on within moments. They don't suffer emotionally like we do.