Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Tear Down and Rebuild...



The Manwiches were much better than expected.  The only thing I would change is to make the sauce more vinegary like Southern barbecue sauce and to make the sauce much less sweet.  They were good, though, and the house smells so good as well after cooking.  I ate my two lunch sandwiches on a hamburger bun with mustard and a couple of dill pickle slices.  It really hit the spot on this chilly day. Maggie wanted some so badly, but that dish is just too spicy for her.


Deft Hands Make for Stable Computers...


I spent most of the morning rebuilding my main browsing, music, and gaming computer. It kept crashing despite me trying numerous options.  I tore it down to its base components and carefully put them all back together.  I paid special attention to cable management and keeping the interior of my computer case tidy.  I grinned when I pushed the power button and the computer whirred back to life. It was a really big gamble on my part to do that. It has been running for hours now with no problems. In fact, I am writing this blog post with it.  Most computer problems don't call for solutions that drastic, though, thank goodness.  I was sweating when I went to hit that power button, especially after all that tedious work.  I am going to let it run a few days without turning it off and we'll see what happens.


Sleep! Blissful Sleep!


I am certainly catching up on my sleep.  I went to bed around midnight and slept until 9 AM this morning.  I didn't wake once and I don't think Maggie stirred as well. We both totally crashed last night when I gave up on trying to fix this computer. I started to turn off all the lights and Maggie headed straight for the bed.

image credit:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6HiFdevWsE
image credit:  http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dishes/McCormick-Sloppy-Joes

2 comments:

glittermom said...

You can add to it...I add onions and green peppers....
...

Beth said...

I have always made sloppy joes from scratch and it is really simple. I like onion and green pepper too. You might try doctoring the Manwich sauce with a shot of apple cider vinegar and a squirt of mustard stirred in to cut the sweetness and add the vinegary zing.