Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Just Do the Right Thing and Reap the Rewards...

I am so proud of myself how I handled last night and the forgotten medications.  I can't believe I passed up a Klonopin party! lol   I could've been high as a kite by midnight. Things like that go a long way to instilling trust in me from my father. Dad just called me a moment ago telling me once again how proud of me he was.

"You've come a long way, son," he told me.

Dad asked me what I had for breakfast and I told him coffee, cheese toast, and grits. He said he had a couple of apple danishes warmed in the microwave and a diet coke.  Dad always marvels at how many eggs I buy a week.  I usually buy four cartons of ex-large or jumbo eggs to last Maggie and I a week. A typical breakfast calls for four scrambled eggs for me and two scrambled eggs for Maggie.

I can get used to this.  Well, my circadian clock is almost back to normal.  I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 8am.  It's nice not to feel tired all the time.  I love staying up way too late and goofing off on the computer, but there is a heavy price to pay for doing so the next day.

I also think my computer is fixed.  It ran all night while I was in the bed and it didn't crash once. I wasn't greeted by the infamous blue screen of death when I wiggled my mouse to wake the computer after breakfast. I am going to stress test it in a moment to see how it fares.

image credit:  http://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/cooking-with-grits/

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You have come a long way and I'm proud of you too!