Thursday, December 31, 2015

Whaa? No Withdrawal Tonight?

I am sitting here happy as a clam and very content as I look at various Astronomy websites on the internet. The universe can literally leave me starstruck.  I just passingly realized a moment ago that I feel perfectly normal. Nice! So the medication gods are certainly smiling down upon me tonight. You fickle souls!

It will be 7pm soon when the pharmacy closes. Dad will go eat supper with Charlie and family, and will then head to mi casa for our nightly medication ritual.  I expect him about 9pm tonight.

I had Marie Calendar's four cheese lasagna for supper and it wasn't half bad. Stouffer's lasagna is much better, though.  This is all part of my father's grand plan to be "practical" about groceries (chuckles). I still have a ton of food in my house this late in the week as most of it I can't conjure up an appetite for. I better go eat those bananas obtained grocery day as they are starting to get overripe. I am also just so burned out of those frozen meals.

Time to remember my Auschwitz Mantra in that a Jewish prisoner in Auschwitz would love to eat all the food in my house after eating unsanitary, insect infested gruel for possibly years.  Be thankful for what you have. There! That puts me in my place for the time being.

Love Forlorn and Love Lost...

"He just never fell in love with me like I fell in love with him," Laura told me honestly on the phone last night. "He's been downright mean since I left telling me to quit using his last name."

It definitely takes two to tango so to speak. It was strange, though, with Laura using his last name when they weren't even married. I felt so sorry for her as she is a pretty nice ole gal that got the short end of the stick. She just needs to learn to not put all her eggs in one basket. I told her we would go out this weekend in consolation to get something good to eat. She seemed to really appreciate the sentiment.  I am not romantically attracted to Laura in any way, though.  We are strictly friends in my book.

image credit:  https://caronessauthor.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/happy-as-a-clam/

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Happy New Year's Eve.... 🎉 🎊